Sunday, 29 March 2009
"Britain was the first nation to adopt daylight saving schemes in 1908.Some people believe the pragmatically minded British did it to make economy on candles." TASS, Moscow
Clocks go forward for summer time
The clocks go forward on Sunday at 0100 GMTBritons and most Europeans have lost an hour of sleep this weekend after clocks went forward by one hour, marking the official end of winter.
British Summer Time began at 0100 on Sunday, after which clocks had to be moved forward one hour to 0200.
The change will mean darker mornings but lighter evenings.
Daylight saving was suggested in 1784 by American inventor and politician Benjamin Franklin, to allow people to enjoy more light in the evenings.
Protests over whether or not clocks in Britain should keep time with the rest of Europe continue into the present day.
My friend, Gengen is being considered the Queen of Contest Organizer per my opinion. She can be very generous in giving away fabulous and the mechanics are not so difficult as compared to the other organizers.
Here are the Prizes:
First Prize: 22,500
* 5000 EC - The Joy Of Life Forever
* 4000 EC - My Life's Adventure
* 4000 EC - Life's Adventure
* 4000 EC - My Online Adventures
* 2000 EC - The Designers Blog
* 1000 EC - The Fountain Of Happiness
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Thoughts & Beyond
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Tere's World
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - New life on Our Own
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Songs Lyrics Collection
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Free Text Messages SMS & Quotes* 125x125 ad space for 2 months - Love Is A Perfect Gift
* Blog review - Paulubiadas.com
* Domain plus Blog Hosting - Pinay Mommy Online
* $25 Gift Card - Rockerchic Online Store
Second Prize: 17,000
* 3500 EC - Guilty Pleasure
* 3000 EC - Chuchies's Hideaway
* 2000 EC - Simplement Belles
* 2000 EC - Cookings' Fun
* 2000 EC - WhereAbouts
* 2000 EC - Seek No More
* 1500 EC - Twinkletoe Writing Space
* 1000 EC - Blessings and Beyond
* 125 x 125 widget ad - Dancing in Midlife Tune
* 125x125 Ads space for 1month - Pinkista.info
* 125x125 Ads space for 1month - MyCandypastel
* website review - Health Is Wealth
* 1yr. domain - Joyoz Photography
* $10 coupon - Mea Culpa Body and bath's page
Third Prize: 14,000
* 1500 EC - Nesting Buddy
* 1500 EC - Mommy's Little Corner
* 1500 EC - Things About Computer
* 1000 EC - Life and Scraps
* 1000 EC - Lourdes' Mia
* 1000 Ec - Mommy Emotes
* 1000 EC - Moolah Musings* 1000 EC - ILUV Contests
* 1000 EC - The Ruby Posts
* 1000 EC - Budget Blogging
* 1000 EC - Micah Izabel
* 1000 EC - Beyond Feron dot Com
* 500 Ec - SUPERNOVA and SWEETPAIN
* 125X125 ad space for 2 months - Hot in Singapore
* 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Survivor: The Reality Of My Life
* 125x125 ad space for 2 weeks - Walkingnewspaper
* 125x125 ad space for 2 weeks - of being a Medical Student
* Blog makeover - Femikey's Design
* Fused glass pendant of your choice - Luckygirltrading Etsy Shop(pic is here)
Fourth Prize: 10,000
* 1000 EC - Eastcoastlife
* 1000 EC - I Thought So
* 1000 EC - My Piece of Paradise
* 1000 EC - Family Health and Home
* 1000 EC - Simple Happy Life
* 1000 EC - My kitchen
* 1000 EC - My Whole New World
* 1000 EC - My life and family Journey
* 1000 EC - Palabuzz* 1000 EC - Healthy Lifestyle
* 125x125 ad block 1 month - Indian Automobiles
* 125x125 ad block 2 months - Web Reviews
* Blog makeover - The Designers Blog
* $5 - Life Marriage And Kids
Fifth Prize: 9,000
* 1000 EC - Johann David
* 1000 EC - Mama's Sanity
* 1000 EC - The Certified Fashionable
* 1000 EC - Babette's Definitely MAYBE!
* 1000 EC - Everything PLUS the Kitchen Sink
* 1000 EC - One at a Time
* 1000 EC - Kusinera sa Amerika
* 1000 EC - Words of Love
* 1000 EC - My Library
* 125X125 ad space - Kuerdas
* 1 brooch - http://melisasriwulandari.blogspot.com/ pic here.
Sixth Prize: 8,000
* 1000 EC - The Journey Of My life
* 1000 EC - Barbie Doll
* 1000 EC - MB Designs
* 1000 EC - Ask Ms Recipe
* 1000 EC - DarlingRose Designs
* 1000 EC - Rosa Love's
* 1000 EC - PinayMamaBlog
* 1000 EC - Journey
* 125x125 banner ads for 1 month - Joyouz Journal and Designs
* 1 set bracelet & earrings - DarlingRose Designs pic here.
7th Prize: 7,000
* 500 EC - ANGELS IN MY LIFE
* 500 EC - My Online Diary
* 500 EC - Sahm Random thoughts
* 500 EC - Hit-or-Miss
* 500 EC - SimplyWP
* 500 EC - Wiehanne.com
* 500 EC - Heartnet02
* 500 EC - Heartnet
* 500 EC - Rapid Shoots
* 500 EC - Affiliatizer.com
* 500 EC - Asian Dramas
* 500 EC - Scandals Prime dot Com
* 500 EC - Life of a Filipina Blogger
* 500 EC - Pictures and Cultures
* 1 month 125x125 ad space - My Home
* 1 bracelet - My Online Adventures
8th Prize: 6,000
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for a month - Make or Break
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 widget ad- Joys in Life
* 1000 EC plus 1 month 125x125 - IndoContest.com
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Blessings in Life
* 500 EC plus 125x125 ad block - Blogger Templates
* 500 EC - I Heart Pink
* 500 EC - Simple Life
* 500 EC - MB Online Express
* 1 month 125x125 ad space - Blogs Contests
* 1 pair of earrings - DarlingRose Designs pic here.
9th Prize: 5,000
* 500 EC - Diva Fabulosa
* 500 EC - The Pinay Blogger
* 500 EC - Chica Chika
* 500 EC - Health and Beauty Diva
* 500 EC - Davao Life
* 500 EC - Love's Haven
* 500 EC - So Much To Tell
* 500 EC - Mother Knows Best
* 500 EC - Hairstyle Digest
* 500 EC - Movie Spoiler
* 1 month 125x125 ad space - Davao Food Trip
10th Prize: 4,000
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Jobs inDavao
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Ivory Tasks
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Pink Thoughts
* 1000 EC plus 125x125 ad space for 1 month - Posh Thoughts
* 1 month 125x125 ad space - Pinoy Recipes CollectionSpecial Prizes: US Only
* Amigurumi Bunny - Cathy's Sweet Pea Toad Store (pic here or here to see the prize) - US only
* 1 pair of scarf & crochet hat - MB Online Express - US only
* 1 pair of earrings - Wonderful Things In Life
* 1 hanes longsleeve - My Life's Adventure
* 3 pcs. of miniture basket - Health Is Wealth
Rules Of The Contest
1. The blog should be at least 2 months old and updated.
2. The post should be original not copied from mine. Be creative.
3. I have the authority to change or modify the contest prizes or any of the procedures of the contest.
Mechanics of the Contest:
1. Blog about this contest with the sponsors links. - (required) 5 points
2. Subscribe my blog. Only one email per person (required) 4 points
Enter your email address:
3. Put the contest banner in your sidebar - (required) 2 points
4. Put your location with your comment to the contest - (required) 2 points
1. Subscribe their stores/blog - 3 points each* MB Online Express* Cathy's Sweet Pea Toad Store* DarlingRose Designs* Rockerchic Online Store* Luckygirltrading Etsy Shop* Mea Culpa Body and bath's page* http://melisasriwulandari.blogspot.com/
2. Digg the contest - 2 points
3. Technorati fave it - 2 points
4. Stumble it - 2 points
5. Refer anybody to join let the referred person mention your name (your points will be added if the person join the contest)- 2 points each
6. Follow any sponsors - 1 point
Tuesday, 24 March 2009
On top spot is Wowowee host Willie Revillame.
"But the man has mojo," the article stated. "After ABS-CBN snapped him up again and reinstalled him as king of its noontime programming in 2005, he turned his life around—image, finances, lifestyle, work ethic, even daily routine—to become the king of Kapamilya land."
2nd: Actress and game show host Kris Aquino. Kris may not be as controversial as she was in the past, but it certainly did not diminish her star value. Landing in second place, the self-styled "Queen of All Media" barged into the list by the sheer grit of her worth (monetary speaking, that is). Kris Aquino earns Php 3.3 million/month.
3rd: Box-Office King John Lloyd Cruz, whose stocks rose even higher brought by the back-to-back success of A Very Special Love and You Changed My Life.
4th: Action superstar and Totoy Bato's lead star, Robin Padilla. He earns Php 200,000 to Php 250,000 per taping day.
5th: GMA-7's current prized female star Marian Rivera who, according to showbiz insiders, pockets a cool "upwards P50,000 per taping day." I don't like her.
6th: Richard Gutierrez
7th: Dingdong Dantes
8th: Comedy concert queen Ai-Ai delas Alas
9th: Ultimate Heartthrob Piolo Pascual. He earns Php 3 million/movie.
10th: Joey de Leon
12th: Megastar Sharon Cuneta
13th: Young superstar Judy Ann Santos. She earns Php 2 million/movie (minimum).
14th: 2008 Box-office queen Sarah Geronimo. She earns just Php 200,000/movie!
15th: Toni Gonzaga
19th: Bea Alonzo
20th: KC Concepcion
21st: Senator Bong Revilla
22nd: Boxing champ Manny Pacquiao.
23rd: Ruffa Gutierrez
24 Most Powerful Showbiz Executives:
Top spot: Eugenio 'Gabby' Lopez III (ABS-CBN) and Atty. Felipe Gozon (GMA-7)
2nd: Charo Santos-Concio (ABS-CBN)
3rd: Cory Vidanes (ABS-CBN)
4th: Annette Gozon-Abrogar (GMA-7)
5th: Malou Santos (ABS-CBN)
9th: Deo Endrinal (ABS-CBN)
10th: Johnny Manahan (ABS-CBN)
11th: Boy Abunda (ABS-CBN)
12th: Lolit Solit (GMA-7)
20th: Ricardo 'Ricky' Lee
Eyebrows will surely rise as the April issue likewise offered an extensive, not to mention exhaustive, summary of ABS-CBN and GMA-7's overall earnings, investor desirability, reach and advertising revenues.
"Which of these two heavyweights would win the rounds of expenditures and profits—and which would be down for the count?" YES! asked before laying down the facts as presented by an expert analyst. Of course, Kapamilya
Saturday, 21 March 2009
UK holds the prestige of being the first country in the world to dedicate a special day for mothers, as early as 17th century.
In UK, Mother's Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday in the month of Lent. Since the days of Lent are not fixed, the date for Mother's Day keeps on changing as well. However, the emotions remain the same.
The feelings associated with the day are much alike those in the rest of the world i.e. to express gratitude towards our mother. It is an opportunity for the children to let their mother know that she is special and loved and cared for.
Mother's Day is the contemporary version of the original name - ‘Mothering Sunday’. The occasion has a long history, which dates back to as far back as the year 1600.
During that time, the poor used to send their children to work as domestic servants or trainees in the homes pf higher class of people.
Once in a year, these children were given leave for a day, so that they could visit their Mother Church as well as their own mother.
The day coincided with the middle Sunday of the fasting period of Lent. It was known as 'Refreshment Sunday' or 'Mid-Lent Sunday'.
The children would visit their Mother Church and then head straight to meet their own mother, with some fresh flowers.
While the boys would present their mother with flowers, girls would go a step further by presenting them freshly baked handmade cakes, which were also called ‘Simnel Cakes’.
With time, the holiday came to be known as 'Mothering Sunday'. The custom of Mother's Day was halted when the world underwent Industrial revolution, but steeply bounced back after World War II. With time, the fourth Sunday of Lent came to be dedicated to the mothers in UK.
UK, however, has lost the original meaning entitled to the Mothering Day.
Nonetheless, the day is celebrated with lot of excitement and enthusiasm. Roses, carnations and chrysanthemums qualify as the most popular flowers on Mothers Day in Great Britain.
The people of UK also follow the tradition of making a rich almond cake for their mother, on Mother's Day, which is often called ‘Mothering Cake’ or ‘Simnel Cake’.
UK people pay tribute to their mother and honor their contribution in their life. They let their mother know that she is very special and holds a very important place in their life, which no one can replace.
Sunday, 15 March 2009
I started my first week in placement as a student nurse in Acorns Hospice Selly Oak.
Acorns Hospice is a charitable property that caters the needs of the life-limiting children being confined there.
Acorns Hospice is not a hospital but the concept is that they wanted it to like another child's home.
The set-up is like a home really with a dining kitchen, playroom, computer room, bathpool, etc.
The childrens illness include muscle dystrophy or muscle wasting. They can't walk and they are very dependent.
Some are being attacked by cerebral palsy. Some of the residents could communicate without a problem but some are very dependent and no communication uttered.
I found it very difficult to be there as I have no knowledge in caring for this sick children. As I saw their conditions, I am very very touched. How can the family could cope with it? I
Being a student in this type of environment is very stressing and upsetting for me.
Friday, 6 March 2009
Basing on my placement and my experience in the nursery, I did enjoyed my stay there basing in the fact that I obtained a bondage with the tots. They are so adorable.
I learned a lot there to cope up with the development stages of a child. I was assigned in a room for the age group 2 to 2 1/2 years old. There is one child that I could not forget but I will not reveal the name here.
He is fine and friendly except that he is so hyperactive. The youngest of the group, 2 years old, a boy, of which everytime I came into the room, he remembered my name and even, hugged me straight away.
Joro, The New Beginning
The World Of Joro
The Tale Of A Bukidnon Lad
I will really miss them. I will miss their kisses and hugs, their laughs and giggles, their squirks and screams, their cries and joltings and everything.
Hope to work with them soon. To be honest, I really feel sad. I learn to love them and I will really miss them.
Sunday, 1 March 2009
1st place - Joro Livelihood - 16 drops
2nd place - Tale of a Bukidnon Lad & The World Of Joro - 15 drops
3rd place - Joro, The New Beginning - 14 drops
4th place - A Simple In Life - 8 drops
5th place - CafeTeen.biz - 7 drops
6th place - C'est La Vie - 6 drops
7th place - The Daily Planet, Experience DeLux & Treasure Nature - 4 drops
Please don't forget to visit my other blogs:
Joro, The New Beginning
The World Of Joro
The Tale Of A Bukidnon Lad